Sunday 28 September 2008

Settling in for a wait

So another week down. Two and a bit to go and I'll be a mother of two. Can't pretend I'm not alternating between excitement and blind terror but as ankles swell and discomfort increases, the former is winning out. Bring on three hourly feeds, just let me lose the waddle!

Exciting news of the week is that our freight arrived. In tact. Which is always good. Of course, we have now gone from rattling around in an empty house to having stuff. Clutter, one might say. 

My portly state had the distinct upside of exempting me from unpacking. This was a first. The Good Man has a long and illustrious history of arranging business trips to coincide with the arrival of our goods. This time he took the day off and did the heavy lifting while I conducted from the couch. It was lovely. But a never-to-be-repeated performance, I fear. Anyway, I didn't go into labour which seems to have made it worthwhile.

In fact, the Good Man has been very good of late. He took Bambi to get her Halloween outfit yesterday - a pink, sparkly confection, complete with tiara and satin basket - and then spent the rest of the day in front of the football to reassert his manliness. And right now he's at Disney on Ice with his princess. Heaven only knows how much sport that will take to sort out.

Oh well, we continue to wait for Thumper. Will keep you posted...

4 comments:

Mom de Plume said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's great to have you back online!!! Now that I have thoroughly caught up I will be back to see how it all goes!

Good luck on the 14th, hope all goes well!

Iota said...

Your stuff arrived in tact? That's great. I didn't know that shipping companies were so sensitive to their customers' feelings.

I'm debating whether to post this, because I know better than to have a joke at the expense of a pregnant woman, hormones and all that, but I think you can take it.

Good luck with the delivery.

Mom/Mum said...

Congrats on getting your stuff safely and good luck for the birth. Have you delivered in US before? If not - you'll love it. As much as you can love labour of course...!

The Good Woman said...

HI there Mom deP. And I see you had a baby while I was off napping - so belated congrats to you too!

Oh Iota, the stories I could tell you...

HI Mom/Mum - Bambi was born in South Africa. On private healthcare. Which was great too. Telling is that I chose NOT to fall pregnant while in Scotland...